Covid 19 update
18 May 2020
As a tradesperson carrying out essential repairs and maintenance in your home, our subcontractors have been advised they can now return to work, providing that they, and you, our client, are well and have no symptoms of Coronavirus. No work will be carried out by a tradesperson, who has Coronavirus symptoms, however mild, or when someone in their own household has symptoms.
We will assess whether the visit is essential or if the work can be safely postponed, for example, minor remedial works. There may be alternatives to a visit, such as a phone or video call. If the visit cannot be postponed, we will agree the procedures in advance.
We will notify you in advance of our arrival. On entry to your home our tradesmen will wash their hands using soap and water for 20 seconds. They will wash their hands regularly, and when leaving the property. Where facilities to wash hands are not available, hand sanitiser will be used, they will carry this at all times.
Our tradesmen will maintain a safe distance (at least 2 metres) from any household occupants at all times, and ensure good ventilation in the area where they are working, including opening a window, wherever possible.
- Prior arrangements will be made with vulnerable people to avoid any face-to-face contact – for example, when answering the door.
- To maintain social distancing and a safe environment in your home, if possible we would prefer a separate entrance/exit to your property, which is to be used solely by the tradesmen. Preferably this needs to be the easiest route for delivery of appliances/kitchen furniture.
- We will kindly ask you to stay in a separate room while the work is carried out. If this is not possible, you should stay as far away from the tradesmen as possible.
- Wherever possible, the tradesmen will work alone, unless this is not practicable. If there is more than 1 tradesman then they will maintain a safe distance,wherever possible.
- Separate bathroom facilities for tradesman is kindly appreciated, if possible. Please discuss any concerns regarding hygiene with our tradesmen prior to their visit.
- We will be particularly strict about hand washing and respiratory hygiene. Once the work is completed, the tradesmen will explain to you which surfaces and areas they have come in to contact with. However, you should carry out cleaning these areas prior to them leaving.
We request that work is not inspected until completed, to ensure the minimum amount of traffic through the workspace. We encourage conversations, face to face, at a safe distance or by telephone to discuss any aspects of your work to ensure you are kept fully updated.
We are fully committed to taking all precautions to keep you and our staff safe.